BLACK PEOPLE REACHED WEALTH EQUITY
GROWING THE NUMBER OF BLACK MILLIONAIRES
BE THE PERSON WITH THE MOST POSITIVE IMPACT ON THE BLACK COMMUNITY
- FOSTER THE BLACK MILLIONAIRE MINDSET
- SHARE HOW TO NEGOTIATE WHILE BLACK
The Black Millionaire Mindset
I grew up in a working-class environment. I saw hard-working Black, Brown & Asian people everywhere. I was taught that “money does not grow on trees”. That limiting belief led my life. I worked hard for my money. The problem: Even working 80 hours per week, and with a salary in the top 5%, my wealth was not even above average.
The truth is that “money grows on trees”. How can you deprogram yourself, and focus on building wealth rather than working for a high salary? The Black millionaire mindset is essential.
Negotiating while Black
I Negotiated deals of more than $1 billion, trained & coached thousands of executives, and continuously trained myself over the past 20 years. My key takeaway is that negotiations are always about the person on the other side and you. Your strategies should depend on the other side but more importantly on how you are perceived. For that reason, in many situations, you should factor in your Blackness in your strategy. Unfortunately, most of the books and training I attended were created by and for (unconsciously) white men.
I am more than a negotiator. I am a value architect. I aim to understand how/why people perceive value. That helps me to craft the strategy the most likely to succeed.
My superpower is being bi-cultural. A Black man from the French Caribbean. Raised by a single mother in a “bad” neighborhood of Paris until 18 years old. Who was then accepted to a university in the fanciest part of Paris and ultimately received his MBA from Columbia Business School and works as an executive for a global corporation.
That gives me a unique perspective on challenges Black people face to build wealth and negotiate
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
Greatly appreciating your blog. Brave stuff! May I quote you? “Money is a terrible master, but an amazing servant”Christopher
Love the vulnerability you are sharing in support of a greater cause.Tessa
- Ukraine, Russians and the WorldThe situation for the entire population in Ukraine is terrible. The situation for part of people living in Russia is dangerous. The situation for Russians outside of their home country is challenging.
- Who I want to be“I started finding myself when I accepted that I didn’t know myself, and that is OK”
- 2022 – Who I want to be“I started finding myself when I accepted that I didn’t know myself, and that is OK” You have to start … More